Could it be you?!

We’re hiring!

Applications were open until midnight GMT on Sunday 20 April – APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED – thank you to all who applied. Applicants will initially be hired for a trial period. Positions are not expected to be permanently filled for a number of weeks. We will update you as things proceed.

We are looking to expand our customer support team.

We want to hire one full-time (approx 40 hours per week) or two part-time representatives.

image2.jpg

What does the role involve?

• Answering support tickets and dealing with member queries via email, phone and our support system
  • Referring the more difficult or complex queries to the appropriate area
  • Helping members to install StatCounter code
  • Proactively suggesting ways to improve StatCounter and the service we provide
  • Actively monitoring warning systems and immediately reporting any issues
  • Upgrading and downgrading accounts
  • Adding queries and resolutions to the StatCounter Knowledge Base

What knowledge/skills/abilities are required?

• Friendly, patient & sincere
  • Fluent in English. Foreign languages are a bonus.
  • Highly knowledgeable about StatCounter from a user perspective i.e. understand all the features etc
  • Comfortable with basic HTML and simple website updates via FTP
  • An excellent communicator (email, im, phone, support system, forum)
  • Willing to ask questions and open to learning
  • Able to establish priorities, handle occasional and recurring issues and work independently without strong supervision
  • Available on Yahoo Messenger during working hours
  • Able to work during office hours in CST (that’s GMT -5 hours)

Other Information

As a part of the StatCounter Team, you will represent StatCounter to the outside world so it is vitally important that you share our beliefs when it comes to our members and how we look after them. Our focus is on delivering the best possible service and value for money to our members. We are committed to getting work done quickly and efficiently and we need your ideas to help us grow. We love to change and adapt to improve the service we offer.

Note that this job provides a “work from home” opportunity, so you must have a stable broadband connection (preferably with a static IP address) and telephone. Salary is negotiable depending on hours worked, experience etc.

How do I apply?

If you would be interested in joining our team by becoming a customer support rep for StatCounter, please send your résumé to jobs-statcounter-com with the @ and . appropriately placed! Don’t forget to include your StatCounter username and salary expectation.

IMPORTANT! You must include the following in the subject line of your email “Customer Rep” – otherwise your email won’t get to us.

Any questions? Please post them below!

71 Responses to Could it be you?!

1. rishi says:

Hi,

i am rishi from New Delhi, India. i have a friend and her name is Jyoti. shes looking for a work from home opportunity while currently working with a software MNC here as an instructional designer…but the only problem is that shes partially blind and she takes the support of the JAWS software to interact and work on the system…

is it possible somehow that she can work for you?!!!!!!

if yes..please do respond and even if not possible…can you gimme some ideas on how she can do something?!!!

it would be highly appreciable..

thanks
    rishi

StatCounter Team Response:

Hi Rishi,

We are open to all applicants. As there is no travel/commuting required with the job it will probably be of interest to people who may not be as mobile as others.

Good luck to you and Jyoti with the job search!

2. Ashraf Alam says:

Hi,
    I am Ashraf from India (Ranchi). I want to take this opportunity as i am user of statcounter (my ID ashrafalm) since one year and almost i know all facts. I am student of Computer Applications and have completed my Bachelors from IGNOU. I have my personal website forum http://www.se-live.com , i know web technologies as statcounter’s requirements.
    I want to do PART TIME job.
    Let me know if any other information you wanted.
    Awaiting your positive response.
    Regards,
    Ashraf
    (ashrafalm@gmail.com)

3. Bertil says:

Hello,

Not applied with resume yet, but interested.

I speak English, Dutch, German and a little Chinese.
    My situation is very flexible, I live as an expat in Taiwan and have time to do this.

Numerous websites, HTML is no problem. All my sites use statcounter, should not be a problem.

Good luck finding a suitable representative.

4. Michael M says:

I am very interested and qualified for this position. Please kindly consider me very seriously. I am one person that loves to learn and work and provide online customer support. I am also bilingual, speaking fluent Spanish-English. I’ve had over 7 years of providing great quality customer service work.

5. Jose says:

Hiii Guys

Does the position still open?

StatCounter Team Response:

Applications open until midnight (GMT) Sunday 20 April.

Good luck!

6. Moe says:

It would be an honor to apply for the part time job. Please contact me if anything is still available. Thank you for your time.

7. SpitsBeaT says:

Is their a minimum age? I’m currently 16 years old…

StatCounter Team Response:

16 is the minimum age that we would consider for a full time position so you are more than welcome to apply.

8. Jodi says:

Hi.
    I just wanted to say this sounds like a great job! I would also like to provide a bit of advice to some of the folks who have posted here…You are trying to communicate to a future employer what a good, responsible, employee and asset to their business you would be. You would like them to consider you for employment. Please, learn to spell & use proper grammar, capitalize appropriately, and use proper punctuation! It is almost painful to read some of the posts here. You are trying to convince StatCounter that they should hire you to represent them globally, in a customer service position which requires a large amount of communication with their clients, both verbally, via phone, and in written word, via email. I wouldn’t hire someone for a position like that when their communications to me – the person/s they should be trying to impress with their awesome skills – are misspelled, not punctuated, and lack capitalization in the proper places. I’m just saying…

9. That souds nice! The perfect job for me:-}

10. This is a great opportunity, but at moment i dont have time:(

11. This looks like the ideal job for a stay at home mom like me, but I would have to probably put my twins in childcare if this is a full time job. Right now, all I can do is work part time in the evenings after my twins, who are two, are down for the night.

If I am allowed to work these, that would be a blessing.

12. Tom says:

i will do for you free ,
    if its completely online

13. Selvam says:

Even i too applied for this Job..Probably qualified candidate will select by Statcounter Team…Hope i will be selected as your customer support. :)

If not all Statcounter members are surly will interested who is recruited for this Lucky Job by your team members…Hope Statcounter Team Update the status here. :)

14. jeffrey rye says:

I am interested in the customer service position. How do I further explore the employment opportunity?

15. Email sent, thanks for the opportunity to apply :)

16. Paul says:

This would be great for a work at home mom!

17. Ben says:

Hi,
    I wonder if you could provide some more information on the potential part-time opportunity. I’m assuming your preference is for full-time if you can find a suitable candidate. Is that correct?

I work full time, shift work as a firefighter. That means two day shifts (10 hours each), two night shifts (14 hours each) followed by four days off. This leads to a varied schedule of availability 6 daytimes out of every 8 that advances 1 day each time (8 day blocks in a 7 day week). Hope that makes sense. Would this be acceptable as a part time availability or do you require set hours on set days without variation?

18. Ben says:

whoops! nevermind, I appear to have missed your deadline by 4 hours already ;)

19. Donna says:

Please respond,

Home full time. Good sales rep. can sell an icemaker to an eskimo!

Many regards

Donna L.

20. Jonathan says:

It looks like I missed the deadline. Any chance for an extension? I would love to work from home for StatCounter! I’m available for any block of hours. Over night if need be.

I have experience with html, ftp and more! I’m great on the phone as well as having a flair for IM banter. I’m extremely friendly and easy to get along with. If Donna can sell an ice maker to an Eskimo then I can sell a space heater to an Australian Aboriginal (no offense Donna and nothing personal…just playing the competition game). I realize the job is more about service than it is about sales, but great service is all part of the sales endeavor.

English is my native language, but I also speak danish.

All the best,

Jonathan

21. If the reps are half as good as the amazing StatCounter,
    they will make a great team. together!

:-D

One minor flaw, even on the UNIQUE setting, it is still showing repeat visitors; that uses up the log quota