SC4 Conversion!

Thank you one and all for your invaluable help and feedback as we developed, tested and improved the new SC4 system!

We are delighted to let you know that conversion to the new system will begin this weekend…

What’s new in SC4?

• Exit link tracking – to allow you track the destinations of visitors leaving your site
  • Download stats – to allow you track stats for pdf and other files available on your site
  • Faster-loading country stats
  • Improved reliability and redundancy
  • Improved loading speed of StatCounter code
  • Greater technical flexibility to allow for continued system improvements

Do StatCounter members need to do anything?
No! Our tech team will be doing all the work so you don’t have to lift a finger!

Other information
Partition 3 (c4) will be the first partition to be converted. Conversion will take place this weekend when traffic is generally lower and is expected to take a number of hours.

During conversion, stats will continue to be recorded BUT access to stats will NOT be available. Full access will be restored asap and we will keep you updated on progress in the service status forum.

Please note that if any unexpected problems are encountered during the conversion process, the partition will be returned to the current system to limit the disruption to members. Another conversion attempt will then be made at a later date.

New Projects Created

Note that all new StatCounter projects created from this point, will automatically be created as SC4 projects.

Questions/Comments?
Please feel free to post below!

This entry was posted in SC4. Bookmark the permalink.

85 Responses to SC4 Conversion!

1. This is awesome! Great job… Constant improvement is what’s going to retain all your customers =)

Cheers!

2. Website mua bán hàng độc (hang doc) Việt Nam.

3. Kay B. Day says:

You are worth every penny I spend here. StatCounter helps so much in knowing what content my readers are looking for; the new stuff sounds fantastic. pats on the back to all of you and wishes to everybody here for a great 4th of July. best, KayDay

4. temizlik says:

5. Hooray!

So this means too we can delete any extra codes we had implemented for the beta?

TRUE !

6. Has this been implemented yet for those of us who did not put new code onto our sites?

I keep looking for a navigation link to the downloaded .pdf’s and dont see any. Is that how it will work?

Or will these .pdf results show in the individual visitor activity logs?

Should I just change the code on my site to the new SC4?

7. A.J. Carisse says:

I can’t wait for the exit page stats and that’s the only big thing that was missing from this service. I’ve been using this for 4 years now as my main webstats service and it’s going to be even more awesome!

A.J.
    King Cobra Poker

8. MD Stokes says:

Congratulations on this move; your progress has been impressive.

In the interest of maintaining that progression, I wanted to bring to your attention what we perceive as an unwelcome advertising ploy that you may need to investigate.

During my tracking, the below is what came up, and I’m not happy to click on a site visit only to discover it’s advertising. And, I’d welcome any feedback from you and fellow users…

cpe-69-205-88-14.rochester.res.rr.com (Road Runner Holdco Llc) [Label IP Address]

New York, Brockport, United States, 0 returning visit

Date Time WebPage
    July 3rd 2008 04:08:27 PM sites.earnmorehits.com/?dGltZT0xMjE1MTE1NzEwJnVybD1hSFIwY0RvdkwzZDNkeTVsYlc5MGFXOXVjbVZ3YjNKMGN5NWpiMjB2

Best, Myron

9. host-seeker says:

Thanks for the good work you are doing

10. melic says:

Theese are great news! Thank youuuuuuuu

11. SC4 is good service for us. Thanks

12. Thanks for the good work.

13. Futurescape says:

The downloads tracking and also the automatic WHOIS lookup that’s giving company names beside the IP address are particularly useful. Thanks!

14. Highwaymen says:

Awesome, I can’t wait!

15. How can this service still be free…its incredible that you have added so many features yet still charge us “lovers of statcounter” nothing. Thanks for the great work!

16. These are great news!
    Thanks

17. JaneAir says:

Thanks for your reply about “exit links”.

Very glad to know it will be implemented from now on !

Thanks for your work.

18. Johnny D says:

Why does Godaddy’s Traffic Blazer show different hit numbers than Statcounter?

I really like Statcounter the best…

19. Anke says:

Excellent, looking forward to these upgrades.

20. Anne L. says:

Hello!

Thanx for the good work!
    Looking forward to using the new bits, great service thanks!

21. I just installed my stat counter and email notification. Thanks so much.

22. FLV says:

So you mean if I want to trace the new feature “exit link ” and “download link”, I need to create a new project and install new code ? How about my old code ? I don’t want to abandon it because i need the old data.

23. Hile says:

Hello!

Thans for the good work!

24. Hi!

Thaks for the good work!

25. Rohit says:

WOW – i am just waiting for this.
    Google Anyaltics was used only because it was having Exit Tracks.
    Now statcounter will also has this feature.
    Statcounter will become number one very soon.

26. FreeLiveTVs says:

The SC4 conversion has not taken place for my statcounter projects yet. when will it get updated ?

27. Debbie says:

Hi

Great job keep it up

28. Great job keep it up… Please include history in statcounter as well… This is much needed…

29. satellite-x says:

The New projects interesting to us. Write further.

30. Pingback: StatCounter Blog » Blog Archive » Conversion Update 2!

31. Pingback: SC4 Update 2! | Le Meilleur Blog Tunisien

32. Thank you so much for the great work.