StatCounter on myspace

Further to a number of queries, here are the steps to follow to install StatCounter on a myspace profile.

With StatCounter you can track hits to your myspace page and learn about your myspace profile views.

First Things First…
In your StatCounter account, you MUST generate HTML-only code for your myspace profile. This is really important, so don’t forget! (This is due to policies imposed by myspace.)

Step 1
Log into your myspace. Go to the “Profile” menu and click “Edit Profile”.

Step 2
Paste your StatCounter code into the “About Me” section. Click “Save Changes” and that’s it!

Your StatCounter will now begin recording visitor information and, if you chose the visible option, your counter will be visible on your myspace page! (The image below shows a sample StatCounter)

To assist you further, we’ve also put together a video tutorial which you can see below…

As always, comments, questions and feedback are welcome!

This entry was posted in Installation and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to StatCounter on myspace

1. Alan says:

Hey, that looks good. What was the problem with putting the statcounter on there in the first place?

I know that it had been tried, but was unsuccessful.

Just a thought, if there is a big uptake of this, is there any chance that you could start making flashier graphics for the counters? That kind of thing is quite popular on MySpace.

Cheers.

2. Andylat says:

we can do the same for facebook?

StatCounter Team Response:
    Hola Andylat!

Unfortunately, facebook do not currently allow the use of any tracker on their profiles – it is against their policies.

3. I love statcounter for its reliability of data..Nice update…I will surely recommend it to my friends and blog readers…

4. Sharron says:

Hey Jen, I noticed! lol

5. Pingback: Now Track MySpace page and profiles views with StatCounter | Digital World

6. Heidi says:

This is cool however unless myspace changed their terms about counters/trackers you could potentially risk losing your account.

I would check with the terms or even email them(though they might not reply quickly *laughs*) before adding it.

Just some thoughts. =)

- Heidi

7. Pingback: Rehab Blogg

8. ferry says:

I too love statcounter too.. I have installed it in all my blogs….

9. TechPark says:

Good one..
    Very useful

10. SEO says:

Tracking hits on myspace was something I’ve wanted for a long time……..thanks for the info on the installation process.

11. Creaginator says:

MySpace and XHTML… bleh.

In fact come to think of it… MySpace… bleh.

12. Crystal says:

I’ve been using statcounter for awhile now, and I plan to use it on all my future sites as well.

13. Thats really good news to hear although I’m not using Myspace right now. Can this be done for Facebook? That’s the one I use the most and would love to have stats on that account.

14. ArabBible says:

I use myspace often and tracking via StatCounter will be most helpful.

15. yudi says:

Thanks..its very clear now

16. Dutchboy says:

Yep, been using it this way for over a year, and it’s the best tracker for MySpace that I have found so far. I got kicked from another social networking site for using StatCounter, though. As for the Fiery Source, awhile ago, Facebook had a tracker of its own, but they decided against the possibility of tracking profile visitors. Right now it’s impossible, although there are petitions to restore it.

17. Tom says:

Thank you very much for this. Will implment it now

18. Manoj Kumar says:

This is nice Stat counter service.

19. Steve says:

What’s even better is upgrading your Myspace profile to 2.0 or whatever it’s called where they have modules.

Then put the statcounter code in a module that you have visible to anyone (including non friends) and you will be able to see non friends visits to your profile as well ;)

20. Great to see statcounter is coming with new services

21. Sheila says:

Of course you do know, now that this information is out there Myspace will hastily find a way to block this counter, too. Statcounter cannot give you much information if you are wanting to know if one person in particular is checkin’ out your myspace page unless you know their IP or if they are the only ones you know who live in a particular state/city or use a certain browser that is not extremely common, like Chrome or Safari.

Not to be selfish or anything (I do want to share a great product when I find one), but maybe that post was not a good idea for those of us who figured out how to install it on our myspace pages long ago…..

22. Say Cheese says:

Stat counter is coming with new ideas and is spreading its wings everywhere. wow.

23. Fred says:

I have been using statcounter on Myspace for over a year.

I placed the html code in the HEADLINE section and it works like a champ.

24. Coupons says:

this is really a great work to tracking my myspace traffic, thanks a lot!

25. John says:

It’s crystal clear now!

Thanks again,
    John

26. Excellent, will go and add the code now.

Dont understand why they are so against the use of Javascript in MySpace profiles when they allow users to use HTML in Profile skins and comments which can be used to exploit.

27. vichet says:

hiiiiiii! hey! I love statcounter! I wanna in stal it for a long time! Bye Bye!!
    and thank so much!!

28. Darkfall Fan says:

I’m also using the HTML-only counter on my Squidoo profile (I just put it into my Bio field). It’s really handy to track the traffic this way. It should work with all your social networking profiles which allow you to put some simple HTML code on your profile.

29. roc18 says:

Cool, ill use this on my myspace site also. Its already on my blog too http://dailyproxies.blogspot.com/

30. Another useful feature, thanks! I’m still having trouble getting SC to work with WordPress though. A feature similar to this would be useful with troubleshooting! Thanks…

31. Money Online says:

Thank you very much.

32. Pingback: Best Investment You Can Make GDI Home Business Opportunity! | VidMe

33. Pingback: book launch 2.0 | VidMe

34. Loved your insight!! For once someone got everything correct!! Would you mind if I put a blogroll link back to your post? :)

35. Lack of stats is one reason I have shyed away from Myspace in the past, thanks Statcounter for helping change this!

36. Thomas says:

Have used statcounter for my website. Very reliable

37. Money says:

I really like this, and will use it. Just subscribed to your RSS.

38. Me says:

I used to use dwarfurl to link to my statcounter image since MySpace would replace ‘statcounter’ with ‘..’ I also used the statcounter code in my headline, to see which non-friends were visiting my page (private). I go to update my headline tonight and evidently MySpace now strips out HTML from the headline section. Sucks, but what can you do.

39. Me says:

Scratch that. Instead of using the code in the Basic Info headline section, putting it in the headline of the Interests section works. Durf @ me.

40. Jay says:

Will enjoy reading more. Adding to bookmarks. I thank you for this page.

41. hhhhhhh says:

var sc_project=4497703;
    var sc_invisible=0;
    var sc_partition=55;
    var sc_click_stat=1;
    var sc_security=”170497cb”;

42. celeb pics says:

Great Help.
    Thank you for the post.

43. actress says:

Thanks for the information.I will use it.

44. etrader says:

Great product. Shame Facebook does not allow this.