Apologies for the hiatus in communication. Over the last few weeks the whole team has been engrossed in the new design for StatCounter…
While private beta testing has been ongoing for some time now, we’re delighted to announce the public launch of the beta site today.
New Look and Improved Features
As well as a fresh new look, the beta site boasts many improvements and new features including:
- Date Range Selector for all stats – identify, for example, which Search Engines were used to find your site yesterday. Or last week. Or compare last week and this week. Etc.
- Simplified Code Generation Process – get your code more quickly. Reinstallation is much easier too.
- Quicker Sign Up for New Members – fewer clicks, more intuitive process – now you can feel even better about recommending us to your friends and colleages
- Hourly Stats – based on the log file – watch the hour-by-hour traffic trends on your site.
- Project Dropdown List – simply toggle between your projects when viewing your stats.
- Improved Browser Stats – now it’s even easier to monitor the most popular browser families and browser versions used to view your site.
We’d like to offer our sincere thanks to all our private beta testers. While we haven’t been able to respond to every communication, all feedback has been read and taken on board. Your comments, suggestions and ideas have been invaluable. Sincere thanks to each and every one of you for your time.
To any of our members who may be CONCERNED:
We are all well aware of the many botched redesigns that have taken place on various websites over the years… please be assured that we have NO intention of suffering the same fate! The site redesign was undertaken simply and solely to improve StatCounter for you, our members, in response to the many requests and comments you submitted. We hope we have managed to achieve a fresh but familiar look. You will also note that we are *not* imposing this redesign on you! Instead, the new design continues as an optional beta allowing us to iron our any remaining bugs or problems before the new site eventually goes live.
PLEASE use this beta testing period to become familiar with the new StatCounter design. Please also submit your feedback (good and bad!) to allow us to fine-tune the new site according to your preferences.
We’re really excited about the new design and we hope you will be too! As always, your comments are welcome below.
The beta version of StatCounter is COMPLETELY optional at the moment. We are *not* imposing this new design on you – instead we have presented you with a new version of the site which we are changing and tweaking according to your feedback!
Some members are asking how to “switch” between versions – please note the relevant URLS: