Applications were open until midnight GMT on Sunday 20 April – APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED – thank you to all who applied. Applicants will initially be hired for a trial period. Positions are not expected to be permanently filled for a number of weeks. We will update you as things proceed.
We are looking to expand our customer support team.
We want to hire one full-time (approx 40 hours per week) or two part-time representatives.
What does the role involve?
- Answering support tickets and dealing with member queries via email, phone and our support system
- Referring the more difficult or complex queries to the appropriate area
- Helping members to install StatCounter code
- Proactively suggesting ways to improve StatCounter and the service we provide
- Actively monitoring warning systems and immediately reporting any issues
- Upgrading and downgrading accounts
- Adding queries and resolutions to the StatCounter Knowledge Base
What knowledge/skills/abilities are required?
- Friendly, patient & sincere
- Fluent in English. Foreign languages are a bonus.
- Highly knowledgeable about StatCounter from a user perspective i.e. understand all the features etc
- Comfortable with basic HTML and simple website updates via FTP
- An excellent communicator (email, im, phone, support system, forum)
- Willing to ask questions and open to learning
- Able to establish priorities, handle occasional and recurring issues and work independently without strong supervision
- Available on Yahoo Messenger during working hours
- Able to work during office hours in CST (that’s GMT -5 hours)
As a part of the StatCounter Team, you will represent StatCounter to the outside world so it is vitally important that you share our beliefs when it comes to our members and how we look after them. Our focus is on delivering the best possible service and value for money to our members. We are committed to getting work done quickly and efficiently and we need your ideas to help us grow. We love to change and adapt to improve the service we offer.
Note that this job provides a “work from home” opportunity, so you must have a stable broadband connection (preferably with a static IP address) and telephone. Salary is negotiable depending on hours worked, experience etc.
How do I apply?
If you would be interested in joining our team by becoming a customer support rep for StatCounter, please send your résumé to jobs-statcounter-com with the @ and . appropriately placed! Don’t forget to include your StatCounter username and salary expectation.
IMPORTANT! You must include the following in the subject line of your email “Customer Rep” – otherwise your email won’t get to us.
Any questions? Please post them below!
If the reps are half as good as the amazing StatCounter,
they will make a great team. together!
One minor flaw, even on the UNIQUE setting, it is still showing repeat visitors; that uses up the log quota
It looks like I missed the deadline. Any chance for an extension? I would love to work from home for StatCounter! I’m available for any block of hours. Over night if need be.
I have experience with html, ftp and more! I’m great on the phone as well as having a flair for IM banter. I’m extremely friendly and easy to get along with. If Donna can sell an ice maker to an Eskimo then I can sell a space heater to an Australian Aboriginal (no offense Donna and nothing personal…just playing the competition game). I realize the job is more about service than it is about sales, but great service is all part of the sales endeavor.
English is my native language, but I also speak danish.
All the best,
Home full time. Good sales rep. can sell an icemaker to an eskimo!
whoops! nevermind, I appear to have missed your deadline by 4 hours already 😉
I wonder if you could provide some more information on the potential part-time opportunity. I’m assuming your preference is for full-time if you can find a suitable candidate. Is that correct?
I work full time, shift work as a firefighter. That means two day shifts (10 hours each), two night shifts (14 hours each) followed by four days off. This leads to a varied schedule of availability 6 daytimes out of every 8 that advances 1 day each time (8 day blocks in a 7 day week). Hope that makes sense. Would this be acceptable as a part time availability or do you require set hours on set days without variation?
This would be great for a work at home mom!
Email sent, thanks for the opportunity to apply 🙂
I am interested in the customer service position. How do I further explore the employment opportunity?
Even i too applied for this Job..Probably qualified candidate will select by Statcounter Team…Hope i will be selected as your customer support. 🙂
If not all Statcounter members are surly will interested who is recruited for this Lucky Job by your team members…Hope Statcounter Team Update the status here. 🙂
i will do for you free ,
if its completely online
This looks like the ideal job for a stay at home mom like me, but I would have to probably put my twins in childcare if this is a full time job. Right now, all I can do is work part time in the evenings after my twins, who are two, are down for the night.
If I am allowed to work these, that would be a blessing.