We want to thank you all SO much for your patience with the SC4 conversion! Believe us, we are working hard to get the conversion done asap – we are as excited about the new improvements as so many of YOU are and we just can’t wait to roll them out to all our members.
The position at the moment is that 5 of the 47 StatCounter partitions are fully operational under the new SC4 system.
We have also narrowed the co-location providers down to a shortlist of four. We are now currently working to negotiate the final deal.
Some of the issues we are considering at the moment include:
- Location – is California just too vulnerable to earthquakes to locate some of our hosting there? Is Ohio a safer destination from a natural disaster point of view?
- Servers – shall we go with Dell, HP or Supermicro servers? Which servers are the best? Which allow the best remote management? Which have the least power comsumption?
- Backup – there must be a second datacenter in each geographical location (in addition to globally dispersed backups) – how far from the original datacenter is sufficient for redundancy and how close is sufficient for efficiency?
We’re very lucky to count many talented IT professionals among our members, so if any of you would like to share your thoughts and opinions on the above, we’d love to hear from you. Please post your comments below.
- Once we reach a final deal in relation to our hosting requirements, we will then begin conversion again, initially on a test basis, before full conversion will be completed.
- Don’t forget that all NEW StatCounter projects created are automatically created on the SC4 system – if you want instant access to some of the new features before your existing projects are converted, you can simply set up a new, temporary project now!