Applications were open until midnight GMT on Sunday 20 April – APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED – thank you to all who applied. Applicants will initially be hired for a trial period. Positions are not expected to be permanently filled for a number of weeks. We will update you as things proceed.
We are looking to expand our customer support team.
We want to hire one full-time (approx 40 hours per week) or two part-time representatives.
What does the role involve?
- Answering support tickets and dealing with member queries via email, phone and our support system
- Referring the more difficult or complex queries to the appropriate area
- Helping members to install StatCounter code
- Proactively suggesting ways to improve StatCounter and the service we provide
- Actively monitoring warning systems and immediately reporting any issues
- Upgrading and downgrading accounts
- Adding queries and resolutions to the StatCounter Knowledge Base
What knowledge/skills/abilities are required?
- Friendly, patient & sincere
- Fluent in English. Foreign languages are a bonus.
- Highly knowledgeable about StatCounter from a user perspective i.e. understand all the features etc
- Comfortable with basic HTML and simple website updates via FTP
- An excellent communicator (email, im, phone, support system, forum)
- Willing to ask questions and open to learning
- Able to establish priorities, handle occasional and recurring issues and work independently without strong supervision
- Available on Yahoo Messenger during working hours
- Able to work during office hours in CST (that’s GMT -5 hours)
As a part of the StatCounter Team, you will represent StatCounter to the outside world so it is vitally important that you share our beliefs when it comes to our members and how we look after them. Our focus is on delivering the best possible service and value for money to our members. We are committed to getting work done quickly and efficiently and we need your ideas to help us grow. We love to change and adapt to improve the service we offer.
Note that this job provides a “work from home” opportunity, so you must have a stable broadband connection (preferably with a static IP address) and telephone. Salary is negotiable depending on hours worked, experience etc.
How do I apply?
If you would be interested in joining our team by becoming a customer support rep for StatCounter, please send your résumé to jobs-statcounter-com with the @ and . appropriately placed! Don’t forget to include your StatCounter username and salary expectation.
IMPORTANT! You must include the following in the subject line of your email “Customer Rep” – otherwise your email won’t get to us.
Any questions? Please post them below!